Saturday, May 12

Teacup Tales - The beginning

This post is in the wrong place...I should have written it before my first post of my travels, but anywho, here it is.

Last night I had to say goodbye to Vancouver, a city I've fallen in love with over the last nine months. Vancouver has been very, very good to me. In short, I've had a blast. I've also met some incredible people and it was even harder to say goodbye to them.

It's nearly a year since I left Tasmania. That departure was hard, but I was more than ready to leave. Oh so ready! This time, I wasn't. It's only by situation and circumstance that I'm leaving at all. Oh why oh why did I apply for a UK working visa as a "back up".

I'm leaving some of the most amazing people I've ever met. I'm also leaving a job that rarely felt like work. As a farewell present my wonderful bosses at The Secret Garden Tea Company, Kathy and Erin, let me select a teacup from the selection of vintage cup and saucers in store. The decision wasn't hard. I'd been in love with one for weeks.

That teacup is now living in the top of my camera bag. The safest place I can think of for now. It will accompany me on my travels and be a little reminder of everything Vancouver means to me. I will photograph it on my journey so Vancouver and everyone I love there knows I haven't forgotten them.

xx

[caption id="attachment_1392" align="aligncenter" width="584" caption="My gorgeous teacup from The Secret Garden Tea Company at our first stop: Jasper"][/caption]

5 comments:

  1. Miss you Meegs!! I'll be following you and your lovely tea cup!! I love your blog, I'm excited to follow your adventures!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jacks. Missing you too. The tea cup is still in one piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. [...] did she get that? She must have bought it with her. What for?” Then I had to tell the story of my [...]

    ReplyDelete
  4. [...] in Vancouver at The Secret Garden Tea Company and Avenue Grill. Actually, that reminds me, a new Teacup Tales must be [...]

    ReplyDelete
  5. [...] the last five months, my little teacup has sat in my room doing exactly what it was intended – reminding me of Vancouver and all the adventures, fun and wonderful friends I had [...]

    ReplyDelete