Sunday, May 22

Itinerary


For the first month I join my parents, sister Kim and her partner Toby to travel around France and Spain.

June 28 to July 1:
Paris
July 2-4: Les Essarts, including checking out stage two of the Tour de France on July 3.
July 4-11: Cruising on a
canal boat from Agen to Valence sur Baise.
July 11-12:
Condom (I can hear you laughing.)
July 12-13: Route De Castres, Revel. We're staying here so we can visit
Rocamadour, a place recommended by Jude at work.
July 13-14:
Le Village, Audressein
July 14-17: Heading into the Pyrenees for more Tour de France action.
July 18: After some fresh mountain air we head into Spain to Autovia Logrono near
Utebo.
July 19-22: A few nights in
Albarracin to explore the area.
July 22-24: Off to the Coast at
Peniscola.

On July 24 I'm getting dropped off in Barcelona (tear) so some of the next bits are on my own and some things aren't set in stone. At the moment I hope to
Couch Surf in most places, but of course that depends on finding some lovely people to stay with.

July 24-26: Barcelona.
July 26-29: Brussels in Belgium.
July 29: Off to Bruges.
August 1: Train from Burges to London, where I will spend a few days visiting everywhere on the Monopoly board.
August 4: All aboard for Gretna Green. I'm heading to Scotland to visit and old friend Amy, who traded the green hills of Montumana to those at Gretna.
August 9: I hope the IRA is behaving itself by the time I get to Belfast.
August 11: Train to Dublin and then to the airport for my flight to Cork to visit Donagh, who I met in Vietnam.
August 11-16: Cork, Ireland. Donagh visited Australia last year so it's time to repay the favour.
August 16: Back to Dublin. I've been warned it's a boring city, but hopefully it exceeds my rather low expectations.
August 18-24: New York, with a few days in Washington thrown in to get my museum fix.
August 24: Train to Toronto to visit my Uncle Mickey.
August 30: To Vancouver. This is where my 'holiday' ends...for now. I'll have a Canadian working visa so I plan to put that to good use for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment