Tuesday, May 22

Everyone will want a little teacup

My little Secret Garden Tea Company teacup had been cooped up for a few days so I took it out for breakfast on board The Canadian.

We were somewhere between Allanwater Bridge, Ontario, a station that exists only to serve a nearby wilderness lodge, and Collins, a First Nation community home to about 30 people on the journey to Toronto.

As I unwrapped it from the tissue paper and handed back the boring white cup already on the table, I shared its story with the crew. They thought it was gorgeous. "Now everyone will be asking for the nice china," one of the servers said.

I didn't hear anyone ask, but the other passengers who later shared my table gave it a glance before looking back at their normal cup.



It sure did brighten up the table. Wonder how long before cute cups become standard issue on Via Rail?

1 comment:

  1. Love the fancy cup, Gay would be very impressed! Hope it survives all your travelling! Enjoy your cuppas.
    Aunty Rosanne xxx

    ReplyDelete